“Everything is created from moment to moment, always new. Like fireworks, this universe is a celebration & you are the spectator contemplating the eternal Fourth of July of your absolute splendor.” — Francis Lucille

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Peace of Wild Things

I can hardly begin to sift through my emotions... I am trying to keep the pain buried, the tears locked away... I don't have any words of my own that might comfort, so here are some beautiful words from the hearts of others:


The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things

who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
 - Wendell Berry


"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains."

- Anne Frank


“In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.”

- Fred Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment